View Single Post

Old 02-07-2015, 09:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Here are some factors to judge the President on what got done. Sometimes a little memory refreshing is good for the soul.

1. Passed Health Care Reform
2. Passed the Stimulus
3. Passed Wall Street Reform.
4. Ended the War in Iraq
5. Drew down the War in Afghanistan
6. Eliminated Osama bin laden
7. Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry
8. Recapitalized Banks
9. Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
10. Reversed torture policies.
WOW...nice list and a great post to have a basis to talk about.

I agree on numbers 2 and 3 but a bit fuzzy on some.

For example, the plan used to stop the Iraq war was already in place, and this administration DID accerlate it but that is not a positive thing in my opinion.

He did get Bin Laden, and I give it to him under the auspice that he was in office when it occurred but i still think it would have happened under any watch.

Torture polices are for sure up in the air, as this administration was elected based on a number of things in that area that he did not do and I applaud him for that, ie. running for office with certain words and then once seeing the reality changing course...see Patriot act. Torture was, and I think you know that, a political term

The health care reform...you should start another thread on that one. For time, let me just say that the ACT is not even fully engaged as of yet and the costs are a rising like a rocket. AND THAT WAS THE REASON TO PASS THE BILL...cut costs. I also think our leadership reached very low spot in history with the shennagins involved in getting it passed....pay offs, changing rules in the Senate....and above all the total lack of respect for the loud proclamation about working together to get a law passed on health care. Folks make it seem as if the other party was opposed...they were not and had their own plan, but our President who said it was so important that he would discuss it on CSPAN so we could all watch it, ignored everyone and did it in back rooms. THIS ACT BY THE PRESIDENT AND THE CONGRESS PASSING THIS LAW IN THIS MANNER, IN MY OPINION IS WHAT HAS POISONED ALL POSSIBILITY OF ANY KIND OF DISCUSSION OR WORKING TOGETHER FOR MANY MANY YEARS. AND I FEEL IT WILL BE JUDGED THAT WAY BY HISTORIANS. IT WAS AN EPIC MANIPULATION AND POISONED THE WELL FOR ALL OF US. But the insurance companies who were in that back room certainly loved the profits!

But good post.....great for discussion. AND if I may, both parties and all of us agree that health care legislation was needed...that is a documented fact. The MANNER and SNEAKY approach is what has tainted it forever.