View Single Post

Old 02-08-2015, 06:25 AM
Default It just gets worse (In Pennsylvania near the De border)

Last night my wife was shopping with her sister who lives about 15 minutes away. I had just walked the dog and noticed one of my low voltage outside lights was acting up so I fooled with it a bit and came in. My son was busy with his game in the front of the house. Then the dog begins to make a ruckus I go to the front of the house look and see nothing. Then there is someone banging and pulling on our outer door. I yell Carolyn is that you? No answer and I don't see her car. More noise I run (more of a hobble, old man bad knees) and get the shot gun, load it and dial 911. I tell them the story and that I am armed. The police say put down the gun. I stay inside I don't put down the gun until A few minutes pass and here comes the wife. I go outside sans shot gun and hustle the wife inside. Police come and look around and find nothing.

Before the police leave I see my neighbor and tell him about the neighbors Super Bowl night burglary ( they stole an obscene amount of jewelry) and what just happened. He generally keeps to himself. He says well "I've had my door banged on twice in the last few weeks. I've even gotten my gun with the laser and swept the woods to let them know I mean business". He shows me he's got a small handgun in his pocket.

I go back in the house and realize it's 39 degrees out and I'm drenched with sweat. I sit down and think did that really happen? Some neighbors stop by and they say they are getting cameras...he also makes some suggestions about how he keeps his shot gun ready.

I usually sleep quite well but this morning I am up at 430AM. The neighbors burglary already had me on edge no doubt. I think Kids? Could it be? I just don't know.

Nearby Delaware in particular Wilmington was just voted "one of the most dangerous small cuties" I think 2 more years...