View Single Post

Old 02-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I really wish our reporters would do just that -- report the news. I don't want giggles. I don't want your version. I don't want your personal stories. Just the facts, thank you very much. I'm a big girl and will ingest those facts as I see fit.

Commentators are free to say what they will, so long as they let people know these are their opinions. Again, I'll listen and decide on my own.

This is why I like Al Jazeera America. I know when I am listening to news and when I am hearing opinions. Their news really does seem to be based on facts. When needed, both sides of the coin are given. When it is conjecture, whether by the reporter or a statesman or someone on the streets, they let you know.

As to Mr. Williams, he got hung by his own petard. For now, he has taken a leave of absence since he supposedly doesn't want to be the story. I hope he doesn't come back. We deserve better.
I find Al Jazerra to be the best "News" outlet on TV

That from a right of center ,white, protestant , anglo with a military background. NEVER THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SAYING THAT