View Single Post

Old 02-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Veteran member

Hello and welcome!

I'd like you to know that this is not Shangri-La. There are people here who break traffic laws. Gasp! They drink and drive. They run red lights and may not understand or care about learning how to navigate the roundabouts. Some may not pick up after their dogs. They don't shower before using the pools. It's possible you could be given the finger, or jostled in a grocery store aisle. Passers-by can make unkind comments about the decorations on your lanai. Some of us are entitled, smug, rude, stingy, or close-minded. Your neighbors may not wish to socialize with you.

Therefore? The Villages is just like every other town in the world, with citizens of varying temperaments and outlooks. A lot of residents believe there is a much smaller percentage of meanies inside the bubble, but I haven't personally conducted the research.

Human nature exists in The Villages and you should by all means adjust your expectations accordingly. I only mention this because it seems as though a handful of arrivals continue to be dismayed/surprised/shocked/hurt/appalled about it.

Last edited by queasy27; 03-16-2015 at 02:32 AM.