View Single Post

Old 02-09-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Well, my 1st day in TV, for the week at least. Since I've been on the road all of yesterday and most of today, my eating habits weren't the best, so this afternoon I decided to get something good to eat. I stopped at the aforementioned Chili's, got seated and waited and waited and waited. All the time, both tables front and back of me got serviced. I had taken a shower before I went, so I know I didn't smell. I asked to see a manager, and in a nice way (I know that doesn't sound like me, right?), told him I had been waiting more than 10 minutes, and the two tables around me had been waited on. All he could muster was "Sorry". So, I got up and said, again nicely, "Well, it's my 1st day here and I'm sorry I had to come to your restaurant" and walked out.

Will I go back there? I myself probably won't, but if my bride wants to (since she didn't have to suffer that agonizing wait today ), we probably will.
I am trying to equate "agonizing" to a 10 minute wait. Were the two tables that were served before you also seated before you? If they arrived after you then that would bother any one of us. Maybe your table was next however.

Could it be that after a long day and a half of driving your patience was wearing a little thin? Perhaps time seems to drag on when you are sitting alone.

The Manager did say he was sorry but you did not feel it was sincere or appropriate. What could have been said to you to make things right so you don't write off the restaurant? If we all flipped off a restaurant for having to wait in excess of ten minutes we would only be left with eating at home.