Thread: Roundabouts
View Single Post

Old 02-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Uhhh . . . no, I'm not kidding.

Those who are waiting at the stop signs aren't waiting that long. When the light changes at Rio Grande is what permits them to get out because that light is what gives them the time for them to move. I've never seen many cars backed up at a stop sign waiting to enter Morse. A few cars, yes. But many cars, no. Very often, there is a lull in the flow of traffic anyway.

Once the light changes, everyone gets through the light. It isn't any different from any other traffic light, even on 441 which is what I call traffic.

The backups at the light at 466 going south are the same thing. When the light changes, all the traffic gets through. No big deal; that's what traffic lights are for.

Obviously you missed my point entirely. I agree that traffic flows well on Morse. Yes, all the traffic gets through the lights at Rio Grande and 466. Both those facts result in a steady stream of traffic flowing north and south. It's easy to dismiss the difficulty residents have trying to get onto Morse from those side streets when your interest is how smoothly traffic flows on Morse. If it's so easy to do, why did they have to build a cart bridge so people can get to the Mail station near Carrera Dr.? Because people in that neighborhood couldn't get onto northbound Morse to get their mail during this season.

The point is that the roundabouts you despise perform a valuable function in letting vehicles enter the main roads far more easily than the stop signs you prefer.