View Single Post

Old 02-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I have a 48 volt electric cart with Ranger batteries. We live in the Historic District. We can go from home to Brownwood in our cart, but it would take about 45 minutes or more.

The squares are all a bit different but do have some of the same stores and restaurants. The shopping around the squares is very similar. There is a Publix and a Winn Dixie a short distance from each of the squares.

Lake Sumter Landing is the most centrally located so it's a reasonable cart ride from the north or the south. We mostly go to Spanish Springs but if there is entertainment in LSL we'll take the cart there. If we want to go to Brownwood, we usually take the car unless we just want a long, leisurely cart ride.

The newest available lots are close to Brownwood. LSL is a reasonable cart ride, but Spanish Springs is probably a car ride for most people.

You'll find once you live here, you'll tend to do most of your shopping and activities in your area. If you live north, you'll mostly go to SS and occasionally LSL. If you live central, you'll find yourself most often in LSL but sometimes in the other two squares . If you live south, especially in the newest areas, you'll probably spend most of your time at Brownwood and sometimes LSL.

One of the things that surprised me is how far the built Brownwood from LSL. It's three miles from SS to LSL and about six miles from LSL to Brownwood. I am also curious as to why they built a square at the very edge of The Villages. It would seem to me that Brownwood it would have been better to locate Brownwood three miles south of LSL thereby giving people on both side a three mile or less trip to either square.

But, no matter where you live you are also fairly close to a square.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.