Thread: Water
View Single Post

Old 02-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

When we moved here, we brought our water system with us. We have an ECO System which is about the best water system you can buy, although expensive. However, once you own it, you own it. We have not installed our system and do have find a need to do so.

I don't care where you live; after a few days you get used to the taste of the water. When using a water softener, I hate taking a shower or washing my hands and face, because you always feel slimey. And don't forget, it is salt that is used in a water softener and salt is not the greatest thing for your skin.

If you are using a liquid dishwashing detergent, get rid of it! You silverware may be ruined from it. Those liquid detergents are the worst things you can use because they are so caustic. Buy either Cascade or Finish powder or tablets and use Jet Dry liquid in the liquid dispenser in the door. These are the detergents that dishwasher manufacturers recommend. We use the Finish tablets and Jet Dry and everything in the d/w comes out spotless. We do rinse off very dirty dishes before we put them in and only use the eco (short) cycle for wash and dry. We also crack open the door a little as soon as the cycle is finished and the result is perfect when all is dry.