View Single Post

Old 02-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Was anybody ever fired for the "No Go Zones" stories that had to be retracted many time by Fox? If not, one can only surmise that misleading is the way they do business. And this just happened last month, not 12 years ago. As I recall, Fox was being sued by France for reporting this bogus story.
Me thinks your bias is showing by speaking ONLY of Fox...

"CNN host Anderson Cooper apologized on Wednesday for factually inaccurate segments that mentioned so-called no-go zones, or areas in European cities that are off limits to non-Muslims.

It was an ironic twist considering CNN had landed -- and touted -- an exclusive interview in which Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo told the network she planned to sue Fox News for its inaccurate reports on the supposed no-go zones.

“On Monday night on this program, we aired a report that was critical of Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Fox News for continually saying that there were ‘no-go zones’ in England and elsewhere,” Cooper said. “I think if you’re going to point fingers at others’ mistakes, you should also acknowledge your own mistakes, and we didn’t do that on the program."

“In the wave of the Paris attacks, several guests on this program mentioned ‘no-go zones’ in France,” Cooper continued. “I didn’t challenge them and twice referred to them as well. I should have been more skeptical, I won't make the same mistake again."

CNN apologizes for 'no-go zones' segments - POLITICO.com