View Single Post

Old 02-10-2015, 10:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I know the headline said CANCELLING, but if you read the article in its entirety...

"As a result, Israeli officials are considering whether Netanyahu should speak to a closed-door session of Congress, rather than in a prime-time TV address, so as to drain some of the intensity from the event, a source said.
Another option is for the prime minister to make his speech at the annual meeting of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee in Washington the same week, rather than in Congress.
“The issue has been under discussion for a week,” said a source close to the prime minister’s office. “(Netanyahu) is discussing it with Likud people. Some say he should give up on the speech, others that he should go through with it.”
But Netanyahu told voters from the Russian speaking community on Monday evening that he was determined to discuss Israel’s objections in Washington to an emerging deal withIran but he did not say if that meant a public speech in Congress.
“I am … determined to go to Washington to present Israel’s position to the members of Congress and the American people,” Netanyahu said, repeating that nuclear weapons in Iran’s hands would constitute an existential threat to Israel.

So we shall see. I think it important that our President and congress (as the ultimate decision makers) hear from Israel on this issue. They are the ones with the most to lose.

Hope the President was honest when he said they talk frequently.
What I am concerned about on a regular basis is there are so many law trained people in the running of our government one has to remember they were trained to either use, abuse or hide behind the letter of the law. Whichever made their case/agenda.

A good example? (After a party when many became ill)The following statement was made:
"The food that was served at the party was all government inspected."

What was not stated was that it all was rejected.

The above is a made up case to highlight a point. Listen to their words then sort out the ambiguity. The out and out lies take a little longer.