View Single Post

Old 02-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Pest Control Companies

I originally moved to Florida in 1983. I have NEVER had a pest control policy or any type of termite protection either. To all the "followers" of every type of bug policy available, which is the "creation"ofy pest control companies, I can tell you without equivocation that you are wasting your money. You are paying a pretty high price for peace of mind, notwithstanding the damage you are doing to the environment.

In all my 30+ years of living in a warmer climate, I have only had one incident where I called in a professional company to treat the problem. The few little issues I had, I easily handled myself.

I've said it before and will say it again. If a termite problem appears, it is inexpensive to treat the problem, unless the problem is out of control, which is extremely rare. Usually, the problem can be spot treated. I have never seen a house here that had to be tented. I also have never seen a larger group of gullible homeowners more so than here in TV, who have fallen prisoner to the scare tactics of the local pest control companies.