View Single Post

Old 02-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Homeowners have to do what they think is best for them. I can tell you that in SC, I have seen several homes that had significant damage from termites. In one case, a couple that I know did NOT pay for treatment, did not have a termite bond, and their repair bill was over $26,000.
I think many home owners who have a bond think it's a relatively inexpensive protection option. I believe a homeowner with no protection would wish they did have a bond if damage was found. Termites can go undetected for 5 to 10 years, and damage from them even longer. And then there are those who are far more intelligent than the rest of us, know everything about everything, and will tell you termite treatment and bonds are a scam.
I suggest you use the internet, research termites and damage caused by termites, preventative and post termite treatments, and make up your own mind. There is a lot of unbiased information available to you.
Yes, my opinion based on research and personal experience is to treat and keep a current termite bond..