View Single Post

Old 02-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmspla1952 View Post
Well. Welcome to The Villages. The "friendliest town in Florida".
My husband and I took our dog to the Mulberry Dog park this morning. We've been here a month. We parked in the Springdale parking lot and got out of the car. The dog went to the grassy area to urinate. We waited until she was done and then started to walk towards the dog park. We heard someone behind us in the parking lot SCREAMING at us. We turned around to see a man that had pulled his car across the parking spaces and had jumped out of the driver's side and continued to scream "PICK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!".
OK. 1. Someone needs to educate the rude and ignorant man the difference between when a dog urinates and defecates and 2. We ALWAYS pick up after our dog.
Needless to say, we screamed back, "It's only "pee", but really? Is this how intelligent adults act? I understand that not everyone picks up after their dog. I also have to watch where I walk. However, if you are that nasty man from Springdale or know who he is, please tell him for me I didn't appreciate his Welcome to The Villages!
We have been here in the Villages almost ten years (arrived 6-2005) and I have never experienced such rudeness as this. Angry drivers occasionally but never this type of inconsideration for others that you describe. We have had dogs too since January 13, 2007.

Sorry to hear about your experiences.