View Single Post

Old 02-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I was disappointed to read that one of the issues in determining Williams fate was that NBC new President was concerned about retaining the number one slot in the evening news. And that slipping to number two could be a reflection of her tenure in the job.

If that was more than just speculative reporting it telegraphs the priorities of those that run the network....and unfortunately the attitude of the day....an assumption the public is either fickle, short memoried or just don't care.

I suspect the 6 months will allow the real outcome to evolve. Lester Holt while not bad is not the favored permanent replacement. It is reasonable to expect the ratings to decline soon. Then we will find out what NBC really wants to do.

Does anyone really believe that Williams credibility will magically return after 6 months?
If remaining number one is the priority does anyone believe the network will let ratings go where they may during a 6 months wait?

I think the Williams incidenents accompanied by the networks reluctance to deal with Williams (ratings or otherwise) together cast the network in an unfavorable light.

Like too many issues of the day we live in, enforcement has become optional!!!