View Single Post

Old 02-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Finally, someone with the facts and the intelligence to see how the impending implosion of the social security and Medicare system can be blamed on her own family and friends and some brain fried hippies. I did not know that until now. I did a google search using brain fried hippie social security and got 10,800,000 hits.
Here's one of many How-To guides on how to milk the system.

"Addicted? American? Broke? This might help:"

"If you are actively or recently addicted, live in the U.S., and are low on funds, this may be of use. I see it as getting the most out of the “disease model”. Thanks to Ram Meyyappan for offering to post this to our community.

Drug Addiction and Social Security Disability Benefits

Drug addiction can wreak havoc on an individual’s life and can often prevent an individual from working. What many people do not understand is that drug addiction is actually considered to be a disability by the Social Security Administration (SSA). If you are struggling with drug addiction or drug addiction recovery, you may be able to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits.

Qualifying for Social Security Disability Benefits with a Drug Addiction

It is important to note that even though the side effects of drug abuse can prevent an individual from performing gainful work activity, addiction alone is not enough to qualify a person for Social Security Disability benefits. If, however, the addiction results in other medical conditions, you can qualify for disability benefits due to the resulting conditions……"
Addicted? American? Broke? This might help… | Memoirs of an Addicted Brain