View Single Post

Old 02-11-2015, 02:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Has any other president, or for that matter, public figure, been subjected to such speculation about his/her birth and background? We can thank cable news, talk radio, and the Internet for much of that - with the willing support of an easily influenced partisan audience. It is documented, he was raised by Christians in Hawaii, moved to Indonesia with his mother and stepfather where he went to Catholic elementary school, moved back to Hawaii to live with his Christian grandparents and has been a practicing Christian in adulthood. When you are in a known group of right wingers you should feel free to talk about this ridiculous clap trap, but in the general public, or on an open forum know that most folks are laughing at your pitiful grasp of reality.
From PolitiFact...

"Sure, he went to an Indonesian school where most of the children were Muslim and there are accounts that he sometimes attended a mosque with his Islamic stepfather. But there is no evidence that the president was a practicing Muslim raised in the faith."

Gordon Robertson says Obama was "raised Muslim" | PolitiFact Virginia

Thus the Christian School and Catholic is out the window. It IS documented that his stepfather WAS a Muslim.

To your other questions....NO, I certainly in my lifetime and reading cannot recall any other President being subject to such speculation, HOWEVER, President Obama had a very unique upbringing and track to the WH. Thus it is understandable.

I do not feel it has any importance any longer frankly. I think it may have helped in some situations because I DO think he is reluctant to "go after" Muslims in general. I hope it has helped anyway.

It was a legitimate arguement in 2008 but holds no water any longer.