View Single Post

Old 02-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Smart cars weigh 1800 lbs and golf carts weigh 900 lbs. How many times would the golfer be restarting the engine in a round?
and many more reasons
Going down another path, GEM Cars fall into the street legal and golf course play category, but they are electric. They weigh between 1100 and 1300 pounds. Last year we were playing golf on Ameila nine at Mallory, and I believe it was the 5th hole. There are several small mogul type hills down the left side and the group in front of us had stopped. We walked up to see what was going on and the fellow had a 4 seater GEM and the front and back wheels were both off the grounds since he had the car suspended between a couple of hills. We all got behind the car and pushed off the hill.

The Villages Florida

If the Smart Car was to his liking, since he does have the Par Car for golf, I would go with the subcompact. I've heard some negative feedback on the Smart Car, engine noise, heat, sluggish gear shift, etc. I haven't driven one but I would give a look at the Scion IQ. I've seen one at MVP several times and it's a nice looking little car.

The Villages Florida