View Single Post

Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Default Re: EYE SURGERY (LASIK)

I had RK in both eyes about 15 years ago and lasik in my distance eye about 5 years ago. I was very pleased with the results from both. I would like to get an enhancement for distance and correct the astigmatism in my distance eye, but the physician said that because of the rk my eye is somewhat fragile. He also told me that when I develop cataracts he will be able to install a new lens (now in clinical trials in Utah I believe) that allows the physician to make periodic adjustments to the implanted lens very easily. So in that sense the future looks good for others like myself who have had both RK and Lasik. I might ad that when my lasik was done in my distance eye, it did not take into account that over time a farsightedness occurs. So, in retrospect, it might be good to allow for that if you have lasik for distance. In other words, perhaps go less than 20/20. You may wish to ask your physician if he will take into account the future change in your vision if you decide to have the lasik done. I think you should have it done as the results are wonderful and do get a well experienced physician even if you have to pay more.