View Single Post

Old 02-11-2015, 08:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I am totally in favor of the definition of marriage being between a man and a woman and will not waiver on that position.

I am also a believer in the fact that this country is founded on the law, thus the Judge is a problem, and I respect the law. If the Supreme court finds gay marriage to be legal, then I must live with that as the law, but WILL ALWAYS be opposed.

Do not know if that makes sense but that is pretty much it.

Of course, most liberals and many organizations would call me a name of some sort...sorry...I believe in marriage as one man and one woman but I support the law of the land.

Whatever name you all reserve for me is ok...just saying.
I'll call you an American if you'll accept the label. Those of us who believe that marriage is a civil institution as one need not adhere to any faith to qualify for marriage and need not have the blessing of any clergy to be married have no issue with those who want the addition of a religious ceremony to consecrate their marriage. And no desire to make you change your feelings. I hope you may come to not only accept it as a matter of equal protection but may someday see that allowing others to marry in no way diminishes your marriage or the vows you made.