View Single Post

Old 02-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

I read the link. I too have struggled with children and grandchildren not doing things the way I think they should. BUT, this is their world, their age and life. They are going to live it their way just like you and I lived ours. Kids today don't do, think or act like we did when we were young. And they communicate on many different social media levels which quite frankly are beyond me.
You might try to lead us to believe that you were the perfect, well behaved child. And did exactly what you were told, when you were told it. Just like the old days....but remember when you were a child or young adult , what you thought and believed was very different than your parents. We don't have the right to expect our children or grandchildren to act the way WE want them to act. This is their life to live, not ours.
And I admit that going to restaurants and seeing kids with their heads down and thumbs moving on their devices while ignoring everyone else at the table bothered me. But we have to remember, they are living and growing up in their age, not ours.