View Single Post

Old 02-12-2015, 03:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Everyone Thinks That They Live In The Best Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear View Post
Just got back from a three day "freestyle" visit. Did all my traveling via automobile. My question is are there any villages or locations that are "too far" away for a golf cart from the things that make the villages what you guys like about the place? For example my impression of the newest lots available are a long golf cart ride to Lake Sumter and Brownwood town centers. And I think a long way from the Regional Rec center too. What about shopping locations?

What do you think? What about where you live? I'd like to put the truck in the garage and rarely use it. Thanks.

Phil Bailey
(airbear)
The thing that's amazing about how our Developer has designed the community is that almost everyone believes that they live in the best location in The Villages.

That being said, I don't think you'll find many residents on the south end of TV taking their golf carts to the north end, either to the town squares or for golf. Trips that long simply aren't worth it. I'm guessing that if someone who lived on the south end near Brownwood wanted to play golf at Nancy Lopez, it would be at least an hourlong trip to get there. Between getting there and back home, plus the time it takes to play 18 holes, that would be an all day affair.

I live in Mallory and I don't hesitate to take my golf cart to Spanish Springs. But I've found it's way too far to take it to Brownwood. I can't imagine the 'Brownwood folks' using golf carts to get to Spanish Springs.

But all that's OK, because we all live in the 'best location in The Villages'.