View Single Post

Old 02-12-2015, 06:08 AM
Sage
Default Speaking from a vision of practicality here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I can get in my car and drive to Orlando in the same length of time it will take you to cart from the southern villages to Lopez. I don't consider Orlando to be part of my living community but rather a reachable location for special situations. Only you can decide how long a ride is too long.

Exactly the correct answer.

Original poster will have to decide for themselves what is a tolerable driving time (especially in the hotter more humid seasons, or the stormy rainy season) in golf cart vs. airconditioned automobile.

We found ourselves using our car all of the time as it was more comfortable, air conditioned, etc..........vs. the golf cart.

During the months of April, May, June, July, August, September, EVEN October..... an airconditioned car is the way to travel when grocery shopping, especially if you are stocking up for expected company. I can't even imagine "carting" the perishable groceries home. Perhaps for those who enjoy shopping on a daily basis, which we don't.

Another thought that comes to mind is a ferociously high powered thunder storm which sprung up one morning while we were out & about. An automobile is preferable in stormy weather......which can spring up without notice.

Just being practical........as well as comfortable.

The golf cart is fine for closer travels , in your own neighborhood, near your home, to the golf course, to the mailbox, but not from the top of THE VILLAGES to the bottom sections.....