View Single Post

Old 02-12-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I thought I would share an experience from back in the 80's. There is a town which is quite a bit north of San Francisco and it is Guerneville. At the time it was and maybe still is a leader in marijuana both in growth and usage. Today probably usage as others have taken over growth. The whole town was a pot center. When the California authorities put up a sign on the main highway as to turn to go into Guerneville the citizens would tear it down as fast as it was put up. At Thanksgiving they had a very large warehouse and held an open dinner for all who wanted to attend. The whole town was "high". I went into a Bakery to buy a roll and coffee. The owner told me to go ahead and take what I wanted and welcome to his town. Of course there was no charge. All actually seemed high and were happy.Being a leading marijuana center in California is really saying something. It would be interesting where are those same people today? Most in those days would not know that Guerneville was there as there were no road signs telling it's location. I continue to remain strongly against pot but still remember the wild town that smelled of pot and was not tied to charging for products.
They actually produce some fantastic Pinot Noirs to have with that MJ if you so inclined while you staying at that B&B overlooking the vineyard in the Russian River Valley. Beautiful area!