View Single Post

Old 01-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Compare costs and benefits of a Courtyard Villa w/ a Ranch on a $200,000 budget

I think the enclosed lanai is one with the screens replaced with plexi-glass or something like that.

We have a courtyard villa we bought in 2005. We have a corner lot with grass all aroung the house. We love the privacy and our dog loves the yard. We have a two bedroom/2 bath Woodlawn with partially open kitchen and valted ceilings.

I think the floorplan plus the fence is what sold me on the place. You need to purchase the home with the floor plan that makes you feel most comfortable.

You might by a villa and find that you want to do some renovations as well. If you buy a previously owned villa, you will have a grassy yard unless the owner has "rocked" all the property as some do.

I looked at an Amarilla with regular ceilings when my sister was looking and I didn't love the floor plan...for me...and the ceilings were too low. Did not see one with vaulted ceilings.

Buy the one that you like NOW. Don't worry about the changes you might want to make until you have lived there for a few months. You could change your mind and simply love the home as it is, you never can tell.

Best of luck. :bigthumbsup: