View Single Post

Old 02-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
DH and I haven't purchased a golf cart as yet but plan to when hubby retires and we move here full time. We plan to have only one car and one golf cart and without a doubt....the cart will be my means of transportation when we both need a vehicle to go somewhere.

My main concern is how comfortable it is while riding in a golf cart during the hot and humid months. I'm all about air conditioning and worry that I won't enjoy myself in the cart. Also worried I will arrive at my destination all sweaty and feeling grubby.

Bogie....why do you say it is real enjoyable to take the cart in the hot and humid weather? Is there something I'm missing? Is there such a thing as air conditioning for a golf cart? I can brave the cold more than I can stand the heat.
First off, I think you are over thinking this issue. You have to experience it all first hand. You will get different opinions about the heat, kinda like different opinions about a given restaurant.
Taking the cart to the golf course in the early morning is just a pleasant experience for me. The late afternoon or evenng is the same. I like to be out in mid day playing golf or mowing my lawn.....that's just me- not for everybody.
The air conditiner on my cart is on when I lower the windshield.
Yes, you can get a fan for your cart to help keep you cool.
I repeat............don't over think what you anticipate to be a problem.