View Single Post

Old 02-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Looks like I disagree with the majority. Well, they may not have a "right" to see the will but I can't imagine why your last wishes would be kept secret. I would not want my last act to cause a rift between my children. When we keep secrets , we cause problems. Best to deal with it when alive. My parents gave each of us copies of their will and we gave copies of our will to our children. Why would you need to keep secrets unless your ere yor really comfortable with what is in your will and know it will cause a problem?
Us too - two children have copies of everything they will need when we pass (which, hopefully, will be a good long time). However, the last thing I want is for them to be trying to find the necessary paperwork to settle our estate. We have a Trust, everything gets divided right down the middle half to this one and half to that one - and that is never going to change.

Unfortunately, we had a nasty spiteful reading of the will when my grandmother passed. She had one child who got absolutely zero, and five grandchildren who each got different amounts. It amazes me that people think they can actually use a will to control matters after they are dead and gone. That will never happen in our family.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak