View Single Post

Old 02-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I don't view the wills as secret any more than I do my bank accounts secret.
There are some things that are just not anybody elses business but the owners.

Those who do want to share that is an individual choice. Not one I view as an action of trust or not or secret or not.

Over the years I have been witness to some of the best behaved (what ever that means) families get into nasty dialogue over what was left to whom, etc. Even the ones split down the middle or even distibution is no assurance of all parties being content because there will always be those who figured differently...right or wrong does not seem to matter.

When it comes to cars and homes and other stuff....there will always be the discussion whether to keep or not. And if one or some want the money they want to sell and others may not want to.....

It is complicated and we can all only do what we have done all these years....what we think is best.

I always viewed open discussions before one passes regarding who gets what as sort of ghoulish.

I know of one family that has a second home that the principals want to be kept in the family and not sold. They have a clause that allows the property to be sold and in that event all the procedes will go to the church!!!!!

There is no pleasing all way to do it......just different views of how to do it.