View Single Post

Old 02-13-2015, 10:40 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I believe the architecture of cable modem is that you and your neighbors are on the same coax "loop" so bandwidth is shared. What your neighbors are doing may impact the bandwidth you realize. I am not talking about sharing your WiFI. I doubt that there was anyone piggybacking off of your WiFi since the WiFi range is limited. Do you live in a CYV? If so, it is more likely it could happen. Ask them. If you are in a single family home I am not sure the WiFi range is enough for people in another house to see your WiFi. If you find out for sure that someone is piggybacking off of your WiFi please post as I am curious what sort of WiFi range your router provides. Thanks.
I see 8 wifi signals on my options here in the courtyard villa, however be advised that in Seattle where I have a large lot I still pick up three neighbors. When I called Comcast they said 3 others were logged into the same modem as I was using the hotspot feature.