View Single Post

Old 02-13-2015, 10:55 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
We need a new washing machine. Did my investigation and decided to upgrade to front loading machine. Of course that means I need a new dryer to match. Did my research on the web. Picked out units , ordered, and got delivery.

Surprise, my Gardenia style house laundry room would not accept these units as they are too deep (33") and the laundry room door wouldn't close. Considered options and chose to return units. Other options included changing door hinges etc but rejected those.

So find that I am limited to about 29 " deep. Found nice LG Units but top loading. Related depth problem to salesman and he said you might want to check height with top loading washer lid up. Need 56" clearance to cabinets. Checked cabinet and find they are at 54".

Bottom line is for this home design, new technology may not fit and my new tub a washboard are not making anybody happy. My wife won't use them and my hands are getting chapped. Fortunately, the dryer is still working.
As you do your shopping, I suggest you view my post regarding our new Samsung washer. It too is a nightmare. I personally would avoid any of the new era energy saving machines that incorporate what is called a water level sensor. This Samsung is our second with the sensor technology and frankly, both were two of our biggest mistakes.