View Single Post

Old 02-14-2015, 07:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

My post was an attempt to let potential Laundry appliance buyers know that these appliances have grown in size and our Village homes may have limitations. Never had such a problem with homes in the past as rooms were bigger. Now I know what a designer home is.

I did my original front load shopping on the web without seeing the size of these units even though dimensions are listed. Did not consider the limitations. Ordered, anticipated the new look, received, and then whoops 1/2 " too deep. As I look for alternatives, I am finding that height too is an issue.

My current GE appliances are 27"W 27"Deep 36"High. They fit fine and similar new appliances are available. However, in my laundry room, I am limited to 33" deep by door swing as you enter house side. Also Limited to 54.5" high by Cabinets.
Most Front loaders are about 33" deep and with a need for fittings, hoses etc behind, I exceed my 33" available.
Since Front Load does not fit , looked at top load LG Washer at 28.3" Deep (Yea) , but with top raised I need 56" height clearance and I only have 54".