View Single Post

Old 02-14-2015, 07:49 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim007 View Post
Beware of online tactics that Comcast Xfinity uses. I just had the worst experience ever with Comcast Xfinity! I went online yesterday into my account, to see about getting another DVR box for our other TV. I press the button to order another box, and it comes back and tells me that there will be a $0.00 monthly fee with a one time "Self Install" shipping fee. So I press the order button and get a confirmation letter with a confirmation number that states that my order is being processed. Well, don't I get a call today from somebody (probably from India) that my order is in the works, but unfortunately they can't provide that service to my area for that price. However, they can at $17.95 per month. What word comes to your mind? "SCAM"! Obviously, I had them cancel the order. As soon as I can I will be cancelling my entire Comcast service. Of course this is totally my opinion, but I refuse to do business with companies that use questionable business practices. Sorry Comcast, but your out!
I sure do not see a scam. They told you it was not available in your area and what it would cost. They allowed you to cancel with no cancel fee. It was entirely your choice one way or the other.

Best advice is to do your business with them via phone. The stores are too time consuming.