View Single Post

Old 02-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

It is spectacular, but don't expect to get on many rides. Except for your three Fast passes, you'll wait in line for an hour and a half for almost every ride.

Park opens at 9:00 and closes at 11:00. That gives you 13 hours. If you spend a half hour waiting for your three fast pass rides that gives you 11-1/2 hours for the rest of them. That means that you could get on seven more rides IF and you'll notice that that is a very big if. You didn't have to spend any time walking between rides and you don't stop for lunch or dinner.

If you are very lucky and get on five additional rides, which by the way last somewhere around a minute to a minute and a half, you'll be spending about nine of your thirteen hours waiting in line.

Like I said, it is spectacular to look at, but not how I'd want to spend my Christmas. I suppose for families that are going to make a once in a lifetime trip, it might be OK, but for those of us that live an hour away I can't see it.

I love Disney, but the last few times I was there, I was beginning to become a bit disenchanted with it. I'm hoping that you will eventually be able to put your entire day on Fast Pass. In other words, you'd have a reservation for every ride that you want to go on in advance and only wait 15-30 minutes for each ride. You would have your entire day planed out.That way they could limit the number of people in line at any one time for every ride.

Just my very humble opinion.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.