View Single Post

Old 02-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Unfortunately, for those of us in Lake County, there is really no other option unless you want to get a dish. I have spoken to several people that have dishes and although a few are happy, most tell me horror stories about losing their television for hours and extremely slow internet.

Unfortunately, Comcast provides the best signal and if you want decent speed internet and good quality, dependable television you have to put up with their crap.

The problem, as I see it, is that the competition is not at the consumer level. These companies compete to cover towns or counties.

From what I understand, people south of 466 have the option of signing up for Brighthouse and seem thrilled about it. I only wish that we could get it here. I would dump Comcast in a heartbeat. But, until something better comes along, they have us at their mercy.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.