View Single Post

Old 02-14-2015, 11:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

It really is pretty remarkable. Most of the people are friendly, the community is very clean, your economic-social status is pretty much irrelevant, there are enough activities to keep you occupied seven days a week from at least seven am to nine pm. So, I'd say yes, The Villages deserves the hype. It ain't perfect, but it is definitely pretty darn good.

As to the bond, no, it is not tax deductible. You can purchase a preowned house where the bond is paid off or at least paid down.

As to why it hasn't been duplicated, who knows. Some have tried but not quite succeeded. The surrounding retirement communities all use being close to TV and its stores and facilities as part of their sales pitch. That, to me, speaks volumes.

However, the only way for you to understand this community is to come and visit yourself. Talk to people, go out and about a lot, visit the town squares, look at some houses. I think you'll see why most of us are so enamored with TV.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein