View Single Post

Old 02-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=Warren Kiefer;1012996]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandMary View Post
I'm enjoying this topic. Next time I plan to buy the biggest, most energy inefficient washer I can find. I can't stand these pretty things that don't work.[/QUO

Most of these problems started years ago and came from two areas. First it was government energy saving regulations, secondly it was the manufacturers competing with each other to sell more appliances that supposedly save more energy. All of this was done without any consideration of the consumer getting a well made and efficient appliance. As to clothes washers, the consumer actually lost efficiency and the cost of washing clothes has in fact risen. I today's machines the amount (load) recommended is about one fourth as the older agitator machines our parents used ( you figure it out)...... There is one company SPEED QUEEN, that is totally USA made and has the mechanic of those older type washers.
We bought a brand new Maytag three years ago with a biggum capacity and ordinary settings. Nothing energy saving on it at all that I can see. There are still choices.