View Single Post

Old 02-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I bought one on Amazon and had it installed along with our water softener. The small circ pump is a Watts and fits in the hot water exit line from the water heater. A small valve unit is also required on the furthest hot water - in our case, the master bathroom - installs under the vanity. This allows a link to the cold water sytem so the hot water can circ enough.

Before install it took a good 30 secs for the hot water to become warm. Now, it's actually HOT in a second - really. Have no clue how much more the water heater needs to run/energy cost. I would believe it is a very small price to pay for comfort and running less water. My sig other would certainly echo that - It's a godsend in her words.

The unit has a timer, and we have it running from 7AM to 11PM.

Mike Scott plumbing installed, great. BTW 2 of our neighbors had it installed after us...word of mouth - Mike Scott supplied the unit and install.

Instant Hot Water Recirculating System - What's New - Watts
I had one when I lived in Atlanta, the installation on the plumbing was easy but I had to pull a line and wire an electric plug inside the cabinet. Did you have to do the same?
Mine said it cost the same as a 35 watt light bulb when running and it only ran for twice a day how we had the timer set. The only negative is that if it has just run you get warm water out of the cold line for a for a sec., as it works by cycling the hot side into the cold line until it reads hot water coming, but we loved ours and figured not wasting the water off set the cost of running it.