View Single Post

Old 02-15-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieJo View Post

We are completely devastated. The worst thing is we have lost our peace of mind and our hope.

Has anyone ever recovered from this?
Between the years of 2001-2003 my 49 year old husband died from a sudden heart attack and I was diagnosed with cancer. Grieving and dealing with a cancer diagnosis at the same time was no easy task, but what saved me from going into complete despair was a practice called taking inventory taught to me by a dear friend. It is basically focusing not on what you lost but on the blessings that are still present in your life that often times we take for granted. In my situation I was blessed that my wonderful parents were still alive at that time and able to love and support me through these difficult experiences. I had a great job that allowed me the needed time off from work, and people I work with actually donated their sick time to me when I ran out of my own. I had great friends and neighbors to help me anytime I needed them to walk my dogs, take out the trash, etc., and great doctors that provided me exceptional care.
Taking inventory not only helped me regain hope, I have no doubt that it combined with the many prayers extended in my behalf I was able to regain my emotional and physical health.

Valerie Jo, try taking inventory as it may help restore hope in your dream of one day relocating to TV.