View Single Post

Old 02-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
No, the problem with that group is that they had the nerve to tie a ribbon around seats in an attempt to save them. There is not saving or reserving seats at the squares. I was at SS one night when people complained to one of the Villages personnel that a rope had been tied around some chairs and they had no place to sit. To his credit and to a round of applause, the cut the rope and tossed it in the trash. A few people from the group came around and kind of sheepishly looked at people sitting in the seats that they had roped off. They never said a word because they knew what they did was wrong and someone had done something about it. IMHO, the Villages personnel should stop people from doing this when they see them or remove the ribbons and ropes when they are notified of a situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I have done it many many times. Several times people came and told us that the seats are being held for others. I pointed over to the people who handle the square. They went and complained to them. The villages entertainment people told them. Very strongly that no one can save seats. The people then used some street language to him. Said they would never move in full time in the villages. Like anyone really cares. Everyone around could hear what was said. When they were all done! Most of the people clapped their hands and laughed.
Don't talk about it, just take a seat there will not be a problem. If people just do that the problem will end by its self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoas1@comcast.net View Post
we've cut the ribbons. Nothing happens.
I don't have a horse in this race but the above quoted posts seem to have the solution. I think if their approach is used the perps will soon get the message.