View Single Post

Old 02-16-2015, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

The previous owner of our home had a Watts recirculating pump installed on our hot water heater. For some reason, they had the valve attached under one of the sinks in the master bath. It wasn't needed there because our master bath is very close to the water heater. The only area closer is the laundry room which is on the other side of the wall.

We had our plumber move the valve from the master bath to the kitchen and install one at the furthest point in the house which is the hall bathroom. We keep the circulating pump on all the time.

Bottom line is hubby and I love this gizmo. No more wasting water to "call" hot water. I timed how long it took to call hot water to the furthest point in the house and it was nearly a minute just to get warm water. Seems the water has to go over the river and through to the woods to get to the hall bath. This is a wonderful gadget in our home and I never would have known about it if it weren't already installed.

Important to know if you have one of these pumps in your home........ We didn't realize the circulator pump has to be unplugged if the main water to the house is turned off. We found out the hard way when the pump was ruined when we went back to NJ after our first season here in our "new" home. We had another pump installed when we arrived the following season.