View Single Post

Old 02-16-2015, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I talked to a few people who were at Mardi Gras at LSL this year and they were surprised at how much less crowded it was. My brother was down last year and we decided to go and get some jambalaya. It was impossible. Lines for food were ridiculous and people who were not eating were sitting in all of the seats. We weren't about to wait for an hour in line for food only to have to eat standing up.

From what everyone that I spoke to said, it was much less crowded this year.

I think that Brownwood probably has a lot to do with it.

I had a thought. When they do these celebrations such as Mardi Gras, St Patrick's Day, etc. in the squares, they should do them in all three squares at the same time. It would be much less crowded and much more enjoyable for the people who are there. I think that a lot of people who have been here for a while stay away from these events. I know I do. I learned my lesson after two or three times. St Pat's, Mardi Gras, Cinco de Mayo, I go to another square to avoid the insanity.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.