View Single Post

Old 02-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
I had a very similar experience. When I was told I was going to be on a gurney and in the hallway of ER for the next 15 hours, I left the hospital. The ER had at least 15 people lining the hallways on gurneys. I was near the nurse's station and could hear the almost panic in their voices...it was very crowded and understaffed. I signed a wavier and left the hospital. I'll be seeing my new cardiologist very soon but if I have to go to a hospital it will not be TVRH.
I agree, but there's one thing I'd do differently. Since you mention you'll be seeing your new cardiologist, if it was chest pain or other signs of a cardiac arrest that made you go to the ER, it would be better to leave in an ambulance than by car, for another hospital in the area. Yes, call an ambulance to get you out of the place where you are not being seen for life threatening symptoms and are held in a hallway like a billable item.

And, remember that it is administration--not the front lines nurses and doctors--who schedule or don't schedule heavy enough staffing for the beds upstairs that ARE empty, but are not staffed, to make that administrator's departmental budget look nice and cost effective--at meetings where no patient nor front lines nurse or doctor can speak to the B.S. that is being presented!