View Single Post

Old 01-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Default Re: Lanai facing west

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
I recently had birdcage quotes as well as quotes on lanai enclosures: glass, acrylic and vinyl. The tax assessor told me a glass enclosure makes it an additional room and therefore higher taxes.

BUT, the last guy who did an estimate, and who was extremely knowledgeable, told me to call again! He said the tax assessor gave me wrong information. The estimate guy told me some terminology to use when I have a second conversation with the tax assessor.

I'll keep you updated on the results!
I can tell you that I have a 30 foot acrylic enclosure on my home and because it is not heated it is not consider additional heated sq footage to the house. but there is a lesser assessment just like the assessment of having a birdcage.

If you look on Zillow.com and type in your address you can add things in to see assessed value of the home. adding a 3 season sunroom like acrylic pannels adds no resale value to the home. adding insulation glass windows and heat and air to the space will. So if you are doing acrylic consider doing it for lifestyle and keeping the funiture clean but will not add much to the value of your home.

You might want to pull up your assessment using
http://www.propertyappraiser.com/
click on the map for your county then accept the info and type in your address, you will see what your home is being assessed for. and, how it was assessed. Good Luck