View Single Post

Old 02-16-2015, 03:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
When I hear the rants about the Koch Brothers, it genuinely cracks me up.

Why is it the Left always seems to need some type of bogeyman to scare and upset their credulous voters? I mean, it's "Big Oil" or "Big Insurance" or some other scare tactic like the GOP will take Grandma's social security away. Boo!!

It doesn't speak much to the intelligence of their voting base, but on the other hand, the tactic has worked like a charm for many years. The Koch Bros is just the latest manifestation.
Very amusing! Speaking of tactics, the Kochs and others have spent a lot of money to successfully brainwash the right wingers, libertarians, and tea partiers to support low taxes on the top brackets, getting rid of estate taxes on large estates, and deregulation of industry protections for consumers - NONE of which benefits the large majority of their constituency, and in fact, does harm to most. They have injected the term "job creators" into the lexicon, where they used to be considered "robber barons". Any job creation they produce is only if it contributes to their wealth creation, they don't do it for the good of society. They have also somehow, convinced the sheep to support unlimited money for campaigns, which is taken advantage of by both parties, but which produces the effect of buying influence, which is thought to be unethical in most developed countries.