View Single Post

Old 02-16-2015, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I too had my reservations about TV; heck, an old cotton and soybean farm boy and retired LEO from Arkansas living around a bunch of rich folk in Florida? My wife, on the other hand, had been everywhere with her DOJ position and could feel at ease with anyone. We had both seen the video and thought "Nope, too rich for our blood". Then, one night back in August, we watched the Golf Channel segment and decided to make the trip there; with me all the while thinking "Nope, too rich for our blood".

Wow, was we surprised! We soon found that, even though there were the "entitled rich", there were many, many common folk just like us. We did the Lifestyle Visit and made the decision that this was where we were going to retire. Bear in mind, we had purchased a lot (8 years ago) on a golf course in Bella Vista, AR to build our retirement home. But, we then realized, that in Arkansas when you get through playing golf, you go home and stare at 4 walls; we didn't want to grow old doing that.

We drank the Kool-Aid, went back to KC and bought our home ONLINE (yep, we never saw it but our realtor looked at it and said it was immaculate), the 1st week of November and closed on it the week of Thanksgiving; we'll be there full time (at least my wife will, I'll be in KC until our home here sells) starting 3/1. We are so looking forward to "living the dream".