Thread: Lower Sales
View Single Post

Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
There is no question that TV sells more homes than anywhere else in the country, but the real question is what is the actual percentage compared to other places. It may not be as much as we all think. I also think that number is down from what you quoted.
I cannot remember who said the quote, but there are lies, damm lies and statistics... Using a percentage is not a good method of comparision. If a developer builds two houses their first year and 4 houses the second year, they have a 100% increase in their sales. If a developer builds 200 houses the first year and 250 the second year, they have only a 25% increase. Tell me, who is having a better year? Before I answered this, I would want to ask a few more questions.

Posters are throwing numbers out here and there is nothing to back up their statements. This covers all the topics... The IRS, the damm land under the bridge, paying for cutting trees, etc. Know what you are talking about. If you start citing statistics, at least mention your source. BTW, what "dude or dudette" said on the TOTV is not a source !