View Single Post

Old 02-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Today's Daily Sun reports that CDD 5 got approval to restore the oak trees. It mentions that the cut oak tree debris is behind at least four residences. The houses are 1750, 1764, 1778, and 1792 Lake Miona Drive in The Village of Bridgeport at Lake Miona. There is a $1,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest or conviction.

I was kayaking recently on Lake Miona and I saw what I believe is the area where the oak trees were cut down. There is a big gap when you look at the back of the homes. I could be wrong so I only put this out as an FYI, but what I saw was astounding. there appears to be only two houses that have an improved view of the lake, both are light colored houses, either a light yellow or cream color. These houses are next to one another. One of these houses has construction tape wrapped around the lanai. It looks like they are having some work done on their lanai. It appeared that the screen had been removed. They have a greatly improved view if I am correct that this was the location where the trees were cut down. It is hard to see from the water side as the tall grasses etc., obscure some visibility. It would be interesting to see if they had sought ARC approval and got a building permit for the lanai work. It appears that construction has stopped as I was on the lake a few times and no progress has been made.