View Single Post

Old 02-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
As it turns out this incident had nothing to do with anyone living in Wildwood, Daily Sun Feb 17.
For those who don't receive the DS; A Leesburg woman, who is wanted in Marion County, with two small children in the car was the driver. Arrested and bond set at $27,000.
So it seems the fences between Marion and Lake county are not working to keep out undesireables. (Isn't the fence analogy really silly?)
Too many posters - were too quick to bash Wildwood! To me those opinions have some underlying motives.
Why does it bother you what thoughts an individual or individuals might harbor about a particular community ?
yes there are NICE people in that community . Very nice people . I frequent the businesses there often . However there is a reason why such a small community has a porportinally larger and very visible police force than what one might expect . It`s NOT Mayberry ! Unfortunately there is plenty of poverty and sadly the fact is where there is plenty of poverty there is usually a higher rate of predatory types of crime .
Just spend some time with any career law enforcement officer and they will support what I am saying .
So when you travel into that community do you leave your car unlocked ? Do you leave your cell phone on the dash of your vehicle ? Money visible ? If "No " why not ? Could you also she an Elitist lecturing to the rest of us . Your Hobby really seems to be so based on history . :blahbla hblah: