Thread: Lower Sales
View Single Post

Old 02-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo View Post
Dr. Winston--I.ve been here now about 5 months, prior to that I lived up north and I was on the comp. just about every day for about 2 years checking prices on homes from the villages and realtors, Ifelt then and now I have a very good idea about the prices, and most today, I say most are overpriced, You can go nearby and get twice the house you pay for in the villages, I know the answer lifestyle, well nearby has the same advantages as the villages, they have everything the villages has except katie belle.
Thats my opinion, most residents won't admit because they are more or less stuck here, so naturally they will come up with the good, like no snow, well then no skiing either.
So basically your opinion is based on nothing.

People are buying these homes and will continue to buy them. People pay more to live in The Villages because of the value that of the community.

You cannot get a similar home outside The Villages for half the money. You can buy for a bit less, but not half.

The Villages offers much more than Katie Belles. People who live outside do not have free golf for life. Nor do they have access to the over 2,000 Villages Clubs. They cannot go to our pools or rec centers. They don't have our community watch going by their home three times a day. About the only thing that outsiders can access here are the squares. That's it. There is a lot more to The Villages lifestyle than the three squares.

People pay more for homes in The Villages because the are worth more. The Villages is one of the few places in this country where home values have increased consistently over the past twenty years.

Like I said, the value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. The fact that people, a lot of people by the way, are willing to pay more for a home in The Villages than they would outside The Villages is what makes them worth more. It's the same reason that a 500 square foot apartment in Manhattan is worth more than a 2,000 square foot home in Chattanooga County, Georgia.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.