View Single Post

Old 01-20-2008, 03:15 AM
Sage
Default Re: What was your profession prior to retirement? This is really interesting.

Hubby - Veterinarian. He decided to retire this last Nov. and here we are. He had his own practice for 34 years in Illinois. So, now after only about 3 months, he feels he retired too soon. Men! > So, he took his boards in FL and I think he'll be working a couple days a week at the Animal Hospital of Leesburg. He doesn't want to work full time but misses the medicine and the animals. (He's a great doctor! :#1

Me -- still not retired and probably never will. Background is in writing. First public relations for Gucci when they first arrived in Chicago. Also Woman's Day Magazine. Then went into advertising as a copywriter, copy supervisor, then Creative Dir. and stayed with that for over 20 years. First Leo Burnett, then The Don Tennant Agency. Don Tennant created Tony the Tiger and he actually was a short man that walked around saying everything was "Grrreaaat!" Drifted into computer Graphic Design, trained by a genius neighbor, so I still have many freelance clients and work from home. Lucky enough to be able to book clients around all the fun activities I want to do in TV.