Thread: Lower Sales
View Single Post

Old 02-18-2015, 07:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The use of CPVC under the slab is pretty typical in the south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Favorite Plumber View Post
Perhaps I'm getting somewhat off the subject of this thread, but here goes. I mean no disrespect to you Packer Fan (Go Pack - I too am a member of the Packer Nation) or to the quality of the homes being built in The Villages, but I'm intrigued by the above quote. You have an engineering degree and commercial construction experience in what I assume is Wisconsin, and I have plumbing contractor, master plumber, and journeyman plumber licenses in Minnesota, and a journeyman plumber license in Wisconsin (I was born and raised in Racine, WI). I have experience in residential, commercial and light industrial construction, but obviously my expertise is in plumbing. Over the years of visiting The Villages I've visited numerous jobsites during different phases of construction. I like their choices of Kohler elongated comfort height toilets and Kohler/Sterling fixtures, and Delta faucets. But I question the use of primer/glue cpvc (as opposed to pex) water piping under the slab, plastic push on supply stops, etc. I think the quality of the homes is good but not extraordinary. Like anywhere else in the country, the developer and the construction companies cut costs wherever they can. Unfortunately it's sometimes to the detriment of the homeowner. Just my opinion...